Saturday, January 19, 2013

What is Truth?



This LDS Church Education Devotional broadcast for young adults is enlightening about how to discern truth from error and also instructs one on what truth really is. There are a few good jokes scattered throughout, which is characteristic of President Uchtdorf. (I liked the one about marriage and doilies :-) Makes great viewing for a Sabbath day or Family Home Evening, or for me, a quiet moment during the day.

Quoting President Uchtdorf:
"How can we trust this truth? Latter-day saints are not asked to blindly accept everything they hear. We are encouraged to think and discover truth for ourselves. We are expected to ponder, to search, to evaluate, thereby to come to a personal knowledge of the truth."

Blessings,

4 comments:

  1. Excellent. Thanks for bringing that to my attention

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, wasn't it? The devotional topic was very timely, too, as so many people, especially young people, are questioning so many things right now.

      I found it absolutely reassuring that each person can find and understand what truth is and what will help them in their lives by personal study, thought and prayer. I know for myself that the truth of the restored Gospel as God wants all people everywhere to understand it is found within the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

      Glad to share these things with you!

      Delete
  2. President Uchtdorf always gives such wonderful messages; this was a good one. I like the idea that we much search for our own answers to questions of truth.
    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree. I also appreciated that reminder that the search for truth is a responsibility each person has. Have a nice Sunday! :-)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment today! I love reading your thoughts, too. :-)