Wednesday, January 30, 2013

"Dancing with my Crocodile"

Our daughter who is 3 years old, like many girls her age, loves to dress up, play pretend, dance and tell stories.

One day she put on her pink tutu, spun in a circle with her pink crocodile toy, and asked me to tell her a story.

What story do you want, about a mouse, maybe? 

No, Mama, she said. About a pink crocodile. 

Oh, okay. I said. 

And a girl ghost and they played hide and seek, she added.

You see, the story sort of told itself, between my little daughter and me.

Once upon a time, there was a pink crocodile. There was also a girl ghost and they were friends. And friends ate a cake. a Birthday cake. They ate it but a scary ghost want the birthday cake! The friends made the scary ghost into a happy ghost!! Then, they played hide and seek. They counted and hid under the table.

then, something outside the room caught her attention and the story ended, just like that.






 

4 comments:

  1. On Eve, very cute story and the picture is precious.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a very delightful and imaganitve story! it is a beautiful to see how you two enjoy each other!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting. Glad you decided to follow my blog here, too. I am a new follower of yours as well...had to smile when I read your post "Some People Clean Up Nicely." :-)

      Delete

Thanks for your comment today! I love reading your thoughts, too. :-)