Sunday, July 15, 2012

On Faith

"Miracles do not produce faith but strong faith is developed by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ; in other words, faith comes by righteousness, although miracles often confirm one's faith."
                                           --LDS Bible Dictionary


courtesy of Wikimedia Commons


When Faith Endures
I will not doubt, I will not fear,
God's love and strength are always near.
His promised gift [the Holy Ghost]
helps me to find an inner strength
and peace of mind.

I give the Father willingly
my trust, my prayers, humility.
His Spirit guides, his love assures
that fear departs when faith endures.

--LDS Hymn no. 128
Words by Naomi Randall

 "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
            2 Timothy 1:7




2 comments:

  1. love that scripture, it's one of my favourites:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know. It is so empowering, isn't it? Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment today! I love reading your thoughts, too. :-)