Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Greek Feast

Despite the fact I have not a Greek bone in my body, 
I love to cook and eat Greek!

My husband joked this morning before I made a batch of falafel:

"Falafel is awful!"

Well....

IMAG3526


After these babies were fried up in some nice Non-GMO canola oil...

IMAG3527


His response was:

"Mmm...." as he reached for a second piece to dip in Tzatziki
(yogurt, dill, cucumber dip)..."Mmmmmm!" and then:

 "These are WAY better than the ones at the store!"

Then, he went around to our boys, offering them bites....and they all liked it!

YUP.

The recipe I used to make these can be found HERE

The rest of the feast:

IMAG3530


(delicious gobs of) Homemade hummus on falafel in whole wheat pita 
with cucumber, tomato and red onion.
Greek salad, lemony brown rice and tzatziki. YUM!


Lemony Brown Rice:

Depending on amount of ingredients at hand and your taste, combine:

Cooked brown rice, still warm
Finely chopped fresh parsley
Zest of lemon
Lemon juice
Butter + Olive oil
Salt

Combine rice with oil and butter, add salt and stir to coat well. Add in zest, lemon juice, and parsley and stir again until well combined. Let sit for a few minutes to mingle the flavors. Serve warm.





Linked to:

Real Food Wednesday @ Kelly the Kitchen Kop

1 comment:

  1. I love falafel! Looks amazing. I think I will make some!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment today! I love reading your thoughts, too. :-)