Sunday, April 8, 2012

Upon Whom Can We Rely?

Who is that Friend who can lift you up and rescue you when all else fails, when no one else can reach you? He is Jesus Christ and I am forever grateful to him for his mercy and love and goodness. This hymn and video help to express how I feel about my Savior, my Friend, Jesus Christ. He is there for you, too. Hold onto the hope and peace he can bring into your life. I know I am doing that today, on Easter Sunday, and will continue holding on. He is reaching out to each of us, hoping we will turn to him and let him care for and protect us.

Where Can I Turn for Peace
Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul?

Where, when my aching grows,
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.

He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind,
Love without end.
 
--Emma Lou Thayne




1 comment:

Thanks for your comment today! I love reading your thoughts, too. :-)