Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Fortress!

I just realized I had posted a long time ago about this backyard construction project, but forgot to post a photo of it completed. Behold....the fortress!!

IMAG2669.jpg

The plan is to paint it...I think my hubby is waiting for me to get the ball rolling on this...not sure about that one! What color(s) do you envision?

The drawbridge is working. There is also a ladder which extended to a small hole underneath which the kids have dubbed "the dungeon". The plans for this giant were drawn up by my husband and the two oldest boys. A friend with construction experience was hired to build it with my husband.

The height of the fort definitely gets the neighborhood's attention!
And all the neighborhood kids love it.

IMAG2606




7 comments:

  1. Wow! Now that is impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my! that would be so much fun for the kids! well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, there. Yes, it keeps them busy. Being home most days it is nice to have something for them to go outside and do...besides the always fun and free "dig giant holes and fill them with water from the hose."

    Thanks for your comments, Kristin and Rosemary. Hope you are each well and enjoying life. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is AMAZING,!!!
    Miss you guys! I was bummed I didn't see you at coop when we were in town last week. :-) Congrats on baby coming too!
    P.s. done with Facebook for good or do you just need a break?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Julie! It's great to hear from you! That's too bad we missed seeing you. Hope your holiday was nice with your fam. Yes, FB and I have said goodbye, so e-mail or phone is best to get in touch with me. It would be fun to talk and hear about your adventures sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is incredible! I'm totally stalking you today, hope you don't mind. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha, stalk away, Amber! I love to read your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment today! I love reading your thoughts, too. :-)