Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What? September's ended?

One day it's 100+ and the next day, it seems you wake up and it's a blustery day that feels like 66!

How was your September?

August over here went by quickly, with happenings in our extended families and my husband's travels for work and working on work....and working some more. Did I mention my husband was busy working? That was much of September.

That meant I was taking it easier than usual, reserving my energies for the bare bones basics of keeping a house running (clean dishes and clothes being top priority) and feeding the children (shopping, cooking, serving, repeat ad infinitum).

Let's see...what else has been going on lately...

Mmm...well...

My oldest son and I took a special 3-day trip to Disneyland and Disneyland California! It was a blast! My husband and his mother took care of the youngest 3 children while we were away. It was nice to just have that time with my oldest son and me, and it was nice coming home and hugging the ones we left behind!




Lastly, and not leastly : ), we discovered we are expecting another cute little baby, due in April 2012! Hooray!

IMAG2609

The kids are all very excited, and my husband and I are really thrilled.  The cake and flowers were from him, his tradition of celebrating the beginning of each pregnancy. His thoughtfulness means so much to me.

I do have moments when I wonder..."Can I really do all this??" But, we both feel very positive about this decision and are happy to welcome another child into our family.

Dealing with exhaustion, morning sickness, and emotional lows definitely kept me moving at a lower speed for the better part of September, and I still have a few weeks until the nausea should be easing off. Vitamin B6 and ginger tincture have been big helps keeping me able to function, and I rest as often as I can. (Usually with my little almost-2 year old daughter by my side on the bed, watching "Winnie the Pooh" over and over again. Making memories!)

Somehow, I am finding a new order to the day again and we are moving ahead with reading practice and other various homeschool activities, such as a once-a-week homeschoop co-op with other homeschooling families, which I am teaching a Creativity class for! (P.S. If you have any really fun Fall or Halloween crafts you have planned or done, drop me a line! I need all the ideas I can get!!)

I'll try to be a bit more social and post more in October. I may have a photo or two of our oldest son, who turns 9 this month, and maybe a few of the Civil War Reenactment scheduled later this month.

TTFN! : )




4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Here's hoping for an EASY pregnancy! 5 is a good number, I think you'll like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I hope all goes well! Here's one fun treat/craft idea I found for Halloween: http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/2011/10/spook-tacular-halloween-cupcakes.html
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, congratulations! I don't think I could've stomached cake so early in my pregnancy with all the nausea, good for you that you can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words! It's really nice to receive such positive words. Kristin, I'm still reading your blog and taking notes; five is def. a leap for me, which makes me even more grateful to have moms like you to look up to and learn from. Sherry, I'll check out the link, thank you. Rosemary, I wish I could have eaten the cake but the boys and hubby sure enjoyed it lol. (one reason why I think the tradition continues, ha ha)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment today! I love reading your thoughts, too. :-)