Thursday, August 18, 2011

Celebrating 400 Years of the KJV Bible



I like this video because it is such a good reminder that the word of God is such a treasure, and if read prayerfully, will lead us on a path toward Him. This year, I am reading through the books of Psalms and Proverbs and have found treasures as I have been faithful in reading. The words, and spirit that accompanies them, have encouraged me and been an immense help as I start my day. It has served to remind me of what is really a priority in my life and helps keep me focused on what I want to instill in my children.


"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." (Psalm 119:105)

What scripture verses have been a blessing to you in the past? 
How has reading the scriptures helped you this week?

Click HERE to read about how the scriptures have been a lamp for the feet of other women. What do LDS church members believe to be true scripture? HERE
Why is the KJV Bible so special? HERE

4 comments:

  1. I read the scriptures everyday. I am grateful for the KJV of the Bible. Right now we are studying the New Testament in our Sunday School class.
    Reading the scriptures really helps my day to go better.
    Throught the years I have learned that the scriptures are a great parenting book.
    We also enjoyed studing the scriptures each morning with our children.
    Blessings to you and keep on enjoying the moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I just blogged about it too as we went to see an exhibition last weekend of some amazing historical Bibles. Love God's word:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LeAnn, I like how you called the scriptures a great parenting book. I agree--some of the best "advice" I've been given came right from those pages, about loving each child and teaching with love instead of anger. Thanks for your comment and your encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, now, Joyfulmum, I'm gonna have to pop on over and take a look. Sounds neat!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment today! I love reading your thoughts, too. :-)