Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Rosy Rose Lip Balm



It all began with running out of chapstick: none in the car or my bag or in the kitchen or bathroom. Can you tell we use chapstick a lot? Even more in the wintertime. I am now using my homemade salve as chapstick, but the ratio of beeswax to oil is too low to last long on my lips. Plus, I had to scrape the last of my favorite Burt's Bees lipgloss out of the pot this week, so I knew something needed to be done.  

A little idea popped into my brain: why not make your own? You can make it the way you want, make a ton so you won't run out, and it won't cost much of anything as I already have most everything needed to make it with natural ingredients.

For those who are tempted to give it a shot, too, and make some, 

share with me how it went! What is your favorite tried-and-true recipe?

Here's mine! 


Rosy Rose Lip Balm:


Melt two teaspoons of beeswax with two tablespoons of sweet almond oil or Coconut Oil. Color, if desired, by adding 1/4 teaspoon grated lipstick. Set aside until lukewarm, then add 5 to 6 drops of rose otto essential oil. Puncture a Vitamin E capsule and add two drops to the balm mixture. Stir ingredients together, the pour into a lip balm pot.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Eve! It's nice to 'meet' you too! ;) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. Your blog is so cute! I look forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried to make my own, but your recipe sounds like it has all the right things. The vitamin E is something I always add when I make shea butter cream.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment today! I love reading your thoughts, too. :-)