Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What's gooey on the inside and crispy on the outside?

introducing....Ham and Cheese Thingy!

Uh...couldn't really think of a great name for this invention.

But it was goooooood. My son, in this photo, said we should have these at a party!
I agree. They remind of me of 'hot pockets', only they tasted much better.

IMAG2261


I don't think these would make the 'healthy foods' list, but they are fun to make! And to eat. It all started with some egg roll wrappers in a package in the fridge I needed to use up. I didn't want to just throw them away. (They were nearing the expiration date)

So, I chopped up some cooked ham, putting a small amount on a wrapper and then sprinkled on some shredded cheddar cheese and rolled it up. I fried them in about 1/2" of canola oil in a cast iron skillet on high heat for about 1 minute and then turned them so they browned on both sides. After cooling a bit, my son and I bit into one a piece, looked at each other, and then grabbed another to munch on. Yum!


1 comment:

Thanks for your comment today! I love reading your thoughts, too. :-)