Friday, January 7, 2011

Nicholeen Peck and Teaching Self-Gov't

On Wednesday evening, I listened in to hear Nicholeen talk about the concept and steps to teach ourselves and lead our family in self-government. It was excellent and definitely worthwhile listening to for the entire 2 1/2 hours. I did have to press 'pause' and take care of my little ones' needs a few times, but it was exciting to come back and learn and be so encouraged by what she was sharing.


I have to say she is the most positive, empowering person I have heard or read about who offers insight into parenting techniques, and I have read and met many over the years, so that is saying a lot. I was really impressed and inspired.

These are not tips and tricks, folks. She gives principles that can bring real change to individuals and entire family dynamics, no matter the size and shape or educational choice of the family.



You can listen in {here} until tonight, at which time it will be available to purchase, along with the other sessions, on DVD.

If you would like to read the highlights of the talk,  Jacqueline Kay posts her notes in a wonderful and comprehensive review of Nicholeen's session at Homeschool Learning.

To learn more about Nicholeen's seminars, view videos of her online and learn about her book,
you can visit her website, Teaching Self-Goverment.

The new session opening tonight  Monday for the
2011 Home Education Super Summit,
and available on playback for 48 hours after tonight is:



4 comments:

  1. I saw her in the BBC show sometime last year! It was very intriguing. Great lady. Thanks for sharing the link! I'm excited to hear more from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eve, you are so kind! I had a great time on the call, and am so happy that so many people found the time useful. I hate going over time, but really felt that I should answer as many questions as possible.
    ~Nicholeen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a nice surprise! Nicholeen, hearing your answers to the questions was one of my favorite parts--time well spent. Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Eve! I like to surprise people sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment today! I love reading your thoughts, too. :-)